Group 5 2013 - Jack Kaplan, Leah Swig, Shaheen Sayeed, Daniel Hong
Aerospace Engineering Principles:
- Aerospace engineers design, build, and test vehicles to move through fluids.
- There are four main forces on a rocket or an airplane: thrust, drag, lift, and gravity (AKA weight)
- The center of gravity is the point at which we say gravity acts upon.
- The center of pressure is the point at which we say that aerodynamic forces act upon
- For the vehicle to be stable, the center of gravity shold be slightly in front of the center of pressure
- The dihedral angle is the upward angle of the wings from a horizontal surface
- The aspect ratio is the relationship of the wingspan to the width of the wings.
- The angle of attack is the launch angle from a flat surface.
Project: Design and build a rocket, an airplane, and an amphibious ROV.
For more information on the project, please see the Prezi below.